[gst-devel] mov unfinished

sudarshan bisht bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 23:17:53 CEST 2010

I guess it may be the way qtmux writes the header info . If it writes the
header info at the end of the file then there should be a proper way to
close the file i.e. by sending EOS event . Because if closing of file is
done without sending EOS event then qtmux may not write the header info to
the file.

And ffmux_mov is writing the header info at the beginning of the file so
that does not require the notification of the EOS event.

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 1:02 AM, Stefan Kost <ensonic at hora-obscura.de>wrote:

> Am 24.06.2010 16:16, schrieb Overkill:
>  > I'm developing an embedded camera that records
> > video in .MOV format. I have two qt muxers,
> >
> > ffmux_mov
> >
> > qtmux
> >
> > I'm using this pipeline
> >
> > gst-launch my_v4lsrc num-buffers=300 ! \
> >
> video/x-raw-yuv,format=\(fourcc\)I420,width=680,height=480,framerate=\(fraction\)30/1
> > ! \
> >   my_h264encoder \
> >     name=video \
> >   alsasrc num-buffers=10 ! \
> >   audio/x-raw-int,rate=16000,channels=2,width=16,depth=16 ! \
> >   queue name=audio \
> >   ffmux_mov name=mux ! \
> >   filesink location=test_ffmux_mov.mov \
> >   video.src !
> video/x-h264,width=640,height=480,framerate=\(fraction\)30/1
> > ! mux.video_0 \
> >   audio.src ! mux.audio_0
> >
> > The .mov produced is working flawlessly.
> > But because the media used for recording is an SD card,
> > the user can remove while the camera is still in recording.
> > I saw that the qtmux plugin has the feature to save some temporary
> > data in order to try to recover the .mov.
> > But if I use the qtmux plugin in my pipline (exactly the same,
> > just swap ffmux_mov with qtmux and use _00 on the pad name)
> > won't produce a working .mov at all. Or to be hoest the .mov is
> > playing with VLC and QT+Perian, but not in QT alone as Apple produces.
> >
> > I'd like to know how to fix the unfinished .mov file or how to
> > use qtmux in order to have a working .mov.
>
> Please also see the thread "Mov file generated does not play on QT player"
> and
> check that your h264encoder output the proper format (it might has an issue
> as
> normaly you would not need a caps filter between encoder and muxer).
>
> Stefan
>

> > Thak You
> >
> > Overkill

Regards,