[gst-devel] issues with mpeg{ts,ps} demux

Fri Mar 12 07:24:34 CET 2010

Hi,

On my fedora 12 pc i have i have installed,
gstreamer-0.10.27
gst-plugins-base-0.10.27
gst-fluendo-mpegdemux-0.10.23
(and the other gstreamer packages)

If i try to play an MPEG Program stream (H.264 BP Video and MPEG1
Layer 2 Audio) using the following pipeline
gst-launch filesrc location=file.mpg ! flupsdemux name=demux ! queue !
ffdec_h264 ! xvimagesink demux. ! queue ! mad ! alsasink

The pipeline goes into the playing state, but nothing ever gets
rendered on the screen.
Hoever if i specify queue limits on the queue before the ffdec_h264
plugin, the pipeline works correctly.

gst-launch filesrc location=file.mpg ! mpegpsdemux name=demux ! queue
max-size-buffers=0 max-size-time=0 max-size-bytes=5242800 ! ffdec_h264
! xvimagesink demux. ! queue ! mad ! alsasink

I don't know what the issue here is. I have never encountered this
behaviour with other pipelines, only with gst-fluendo-mpegdemux for
both program as well as transport streams.

Please find my test stream here:
http://download.damagehead.com/samples/the.robbie.williams.show.dvd.extra_h264bp.mpg

Regards
~Sameer