[gst-devel] How to make the playbin2 to redraw frames in paused state.

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 14:54:25 CET 2010

The playbin2 almost always doesn't redraw the frame, when it is in the paused
state, and the seek issued to the end of file.

Example. Run Totem (linux movie player, a default movie player in Ubuntu),
open a video file, put the player in a paused state and try to move slider
of the movie progress indicator.
If you slowly move the slider from left to right to the rightmost video
position, frames are redrawn, and probably, the last frame will be seen.

If you move the slider quickly outside of the progress bar area, then a
frame somewhere from the middle of a movie will be shown, but the slider
will stay near the end of the progress bar (the end of the movie). If you
press play, the playing will continue from the position, which the slider
reflects.

Same things happen in my application. Debug window shows that when the
problem occurs, the player gets the command to seek to the end of the movie.

So, how can I make the playbin2 to draw the last frame?