[gst-devel] cannot link elements in pipeline

Albert Costa costa_albert at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 25 16:29:52 CET 2010

Hi,
I have a pipeline like
gst-launch filesrc location=myvideo ! mpegtsdemux ! ffdec_mpeg2video ! ffmpegcolorspace ! directdrawsink
This works fine in command line.
I wanted to put it in a program where I build elements, add them to a pipeline element, and link them together. Everything works fine until I try to link mpegtsdemux and ffdec_mpeg2video together : the result of gst_element_link_pads(demuxer, NULL, decoder, NULL) is false. What kind of thing am I doing wrong? should I give precise pad template names for these elements? I don't want to use a decodebin element for specific reasons (which I successfully already passed on), I just want to have this pipeline.
Thanks for any advice,
Regards,
Al