[gst-devel] Icecast a dv stream via ogg

Ben Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Tue May 11 15:45:24 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 16:15 +0800, matheist76 at westnet.com.au wrote:
> It produces much the same thing except with a lower cpu usage.

Is the CPU usage below 100% on all cores?  Most gstreamer elements just
fail hard when the system runs out of CPU.

BTW, you really want a lot of queues: one before DV decode, another
before Theora encode, and another before writing to disk.  You could
even have one between theoraenc and oggmux.

> I think the real problem is with the theora encoding. Are there any other plugins that will do the same job?

Nope, theoraenc is the one and only.  If you post a sample output ogg we
might be better able to diagnose.

--Ben