[gst-devel] GStreamer tutorials

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Sun May 16 15:14:30 CEST 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 05:27 -0700, SimbadSubZero wrote:

> Could you please be more specific I am new developer in GStreamer.
> I have a video plugin which display video on LCD, I need to modify that to
> display the video on QT widget.
> Therefor I need to implement X overlay interface to my plugin

Hrm, so are you having problems with GstXOverlay in your Qt application,
or are you trying to make a custom videosink implement the GstXOverlay
interface?

> but I need
> some toturials or guild which explain with examples how to do that.
> I had the plugin doc which explain how to write interfaces but the examples
> there are relay worst.

Did you see these examples:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/tree/tests/examples/overlay

? If these examples combined with the docs at

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-gstxoverlay.html

are not helpful to you, then you need to be specific about what you
don't understand or what's confusing or missing in the examples/docs.

If you are writing a video sink, you may want to look at existing
elements that implement this interface, such as ximagesink, xvimagesink
etc.

Cheers
 -Tim