[gst-devel] gstreamer-devel Digest, Vol 48, Issue 37

abhisek shaw shaw4u at gmail.com
Wed May 19 11:54:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have been trying to play Youtube videos using gstreamer but have not been
successful in doing so.From what i could figure out, swfdec plug-in is
required to play youtube vides because youtube supports flash video. As per
gstreamer plug-in overview page, this plug-in should be available in "bad
plugins". This plug-in has some external dependecy on libswfdec. Even after
installing this library, this plug-in does not show in the list of the
elements. The configure script in "bad plug-ins" searches for 0.3 version of
swfdec, which is already obsolete. I have tried bypassing this , but
"swfdec" plug-in is still not built.

I have tried the following pipelines.

gst-launch-0.10 souphttpsrc location="
http://www.youtube.com/v/6R0NJMGVjf4?f=videos&c=gdataSample-YouTube-1&app=youtube_gdata"
! decodebin ! ximagesink

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/ffdemux_swf:ffdemux_swf0:
GStreamer encountered a general supporting library error.
Additional debug info:
gstffmpegdemux.c(1243): gst_ffmpegdemux_open ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/ffdemux_swf:ffdemux_swf0:
Input/output error
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,