[gst-devel] Videomixing two/multiple webcams side by side

Luciana Fujii Pontello luciana at holoscopio.com
Tue May 25 20:53:32 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-24 at 11:14 -0700, scottmil wrote:
> Made even more progress.  I was using two cameras of different makes and
> seeing the delay.  I was also receiving warnings about dropped buffers.  So,
> I switched to two identical cameras.  Now I'm seeing nearly NO delay.

From what I observed, I think videomixer doesn't work well with videos
with different framerates and different colorspaces. Try adding a
videorate and a colorspace on one (or both) streams before the
videomixer to make your different cameras work. If that doesn't work,
then try also a capsfilter after the videorate and colorspace right
before the videomixer.

I have a PictureInPicture class in python that adds all those elements
before the videomixer if you want to take a look. It gets kind of big,
but that's the only way I was able to mix any two different streams.

Regards,

Luciana Fujii