[gst-devel] glimagesink crash

David Hoyt dhoyt at hoytsoft.org
Mon May 31 17:27:21 CEST 2010

I'm using glimagesink w/ xoverlay in ubuntu 9.10 -- the first time I run it,
it works fine. But if I set the xid for xoverlay in subsequent calls, it
crashes with:

The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
(Details: serial 14 error_code 3 request_code 3 minor_code 0)

Any idea what I could be doing wrong? The same code works fine w/ ximagesink
and xvimagesink. When I don't use xoverlay and let gstreamer create its own
window, it doesn't crash.

If I set the "sync" property on glimagesink (not related to the "--sync"
option in the error message) to false, I don't get a crash -- but when I
have a pipeline transition from NULL -> PLAYING -> NULL -> PLAYING, instead
of embedding it, it creates a new window as large as my monitor.

I appreciate any help anyone can offer.