[gst-devel] Memory usage is increasing Gstreamer testing

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 08:57:37 CET 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Parveen Kumar Jain
<parveen.jain at one97.net>wrote:

> Hi Marco/All,
>   Actually I create fixed no. of pipelines(around 60 pipelines) initially
> and don't create any pipeline after this and reuse only those in my
> successive calls.Similarly I do it with my own threads(as stated in my
> previous mail).
>   So I see no reason for increasing the no. of threads or no. of video
> pipelines because of my application.

It appears really strange to me as well.. I've been testing cases similar to
yours for a while on embedded devices not seeing such a behaviour. Would it
be possible for you to check with valgrind?

> Just a quick question,Has anybody tried to use Gsteramer for bulk video
> calls(only H263 and G711A as codec).

Yes it definitely works, just grab an N900 ;) (to be honest, you need to
modify a couple of files to get it working with H263/G711 by default).

I should have a very simple test app somewhere working with gtk and on any
environments with a sane gstreamer installation and make it available if
needed, but you could just use the example pipelines reported in the rtpbin
documentation (just google "gstreamer rtpbin").

Regards