[gst-devel] Package gstreamer-plugin-ugly-0.10.14

Rafael Sousa rafael.lmsousa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 16:00:52 CET 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to install the package cited above from de tar.gz source. But I'm
having some problems. First, when I configure, compile and install, the
gstreamer don't find the plugin that I installed. I think that is some
parameter in the configure step that I didn't do. the gstreamer main package
I installed from apt-get command. How do I have to proceed to make the
gstreamer recognize the plugin? I'm using ubuntu 10.04.

The reason that I'm installing from the tar.gz is because I am developing a
project for my master thesis. I have another doubt similar to what I asked
above: how do I link the plugin ugly with the x264? I compiled and installed
the x264 from the tar.gz too.

in all the packages I've done the following steps:

$ ./configure
$ make
# make install

Anyone can lend me a help?