[gst-devel] Reducing the time in GST-registry updating and parsing the command line arguments

tamil arasu marasu2010 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 15:42:45 CET 2010

HI All,

            We are using the gstreamer for  capturing the video .we are
using packages mentioned below

gst-plugins-good-0.10.14, gst-plugins-base-0.10.23, gstreamer-0.10.23,
gst-plugins-bad-0.10.13

we are using the pipeline for capturing the video mentioned  below

export GST_REGISTRY_UPDATE=no
export GST_REGISTRY_FORK=no

gst-launch rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.1.168:8554/mpeg4 latency=100
name=demux demux. ! queue ! rtpmp4vdepay ! mpeg4videoparse ! dmaidec_mpeg4 !
TIDmaiVideoSink videoOutput=LCD videoStd=320X240 demux. ! queue !
rtppcmudepay ! mulawdec ! alsasink

When we launch the above mentiond pileline on the command line,we are able
to display video on Lcd.The output is

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
DavinciDisplay DavinciDisplay.1: Before finishing with S_FMT:
layer.pix_fmt.bytesperline = 320,
 layer.pix_fmt.width = 320,
 layer.pix_fmt.height = 240,
 layer.pix_fmt.sizeimage =115200
New clock: GstSyDavinciDisplay DavinciDisplay.1: pixfmt->width = 320,
 layer->layer_info.config.line_length= 320
stemClock

Once I run the above command ,its taking 2 second to get  the  first message
(Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...).
one second for update the registry,anothe one second for parsing the command
line arguments.(gst_parse_launchv)

how to reduce the this 2 second.Can anyone help me on this issue?

thanks and regards,

Arasu.M