[gst-devel] [Bulk] Re: Recieve DTMF using GStreamer

Aurelien Grimaud gstelzz at yahoo.fr
Fri Oct 1 22:26:23 CEST 2010

Hi,
can you tell us what pipeline you tried to set up ?
Where does the rtp dtmf comes from ?

The call back function does not receive event from bus ...
The rtpdtmfdepay plugins gets on its sink pad rtp packets, process them
to extract dtmf number and volume, post a message with those dtmf
informations on bus and output a sound buffer on its src pad.

If rtp dtmf events are mixed with other rtp streams (pcma voice for
instance), you have to demux your udp stream towards different rtp
depayloader. The rtpdtmfdepay for dtmf payload type, rtppcmadepay for
pcma payload type.

The first thing to do when working with RTP is to use gstrtpbin.
It will demux the udp stream according to the payload map you provide.

Aurelien