[gst-devel] Using videoscale with custom video sink

perjg perjg at opera.com
Thu Oct 7 10:09:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm working on an application that has a gstreamer pipeline with a custom
video sink plugin. The plugin is quite simple, it simply pulls video frames
and puts them into bitmaps that is then blitted into the application.

I want to add support for scaling the video to different sizes. I tried to
add a videoscale element just before the video sink, but it does nothing.

(if I for instance use dfbvideosink, adding a videoscale works perfectly)

Is there something special that must be added to the video sink in order for
it to work properly together with videoscale. How are you supposed to tell
videoscale what size you want the video scaled to?