[gst-devel] Camera Configurations with Gstreamer

Andrey Nechypurenko andreynech at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 15 21:08:37 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 8:35 PM, Marlos C. Machado <marlos at dcc.ufmg.br> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First of all, thanks for the code!
> I compiled it with no problems and tried to make this:
>
> $ ./cameractls /dev/video0
>
> And I've gotten this:
>
> NEXT_CTRL flag not supported

So your camera does not support NEXT_CTRL command for control
enumeration. I have to admit, that I have not ever tested the code
with such cameras. So maybe there is a bug in the code. You can try to
look at the code and see how this case is handled. Also, as Stefan
suggested above, you can try to run v4l-info and see what the output
is. If you can somehow figure out the id and class of the required
control, then you can set it using functions or code pieces from
cameractls.

Sorry, but I do not have a better suggestion. No, actually I do :-) .
I think it is now much more related to V4L and not to Gstreamer, so
probably there are much better chances to get help on V4L forum.

Regards,
Andrey.