[gst-devel] example doesn't work

Norbert Stuhrmann stuhrman at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 18 01:46:58 CEST 2010

Hi,

my initial launch line contained:
caps="image/png,framerate=30/1,pixel-aspect-ratio=1/1"

But even if I try
 > gst-launch multifilesrc location=test%05d.png
caps="image/png,framerate=25/1" ! pngdec ! ffmpegcolorspace !
video/x-raw-yuv,format=\(fourcc\)I420 !  theoraenc !  oggmux ! filesink
location=output.ogg

I get an ogg file with only one frame (processing time 9 s).

Streaming the files to the screen, i.e. your suggestions
 > gst-launch multifilesrc location=test%05d.png
caps="image/png,framerate=25/1" ! pngdec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink

works fine. So I assume theoraenc or oggmux is not called
properly/broken. If I use diracenc and avimux it works fine as well.

Norbert