[gst-devel] long pauses during rtsp playback

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Mon Oct 18 22:10:19 CEST 2010

Am 18.10.2010 10:03, schrieb Gruenke, Matt:
> That's true, and we wrote a DOT conversion script before we knew about
> that.  However, the XML output can potentially be used in ways not
> possible with DOT output.  There's also the question of being able to
> customize the way that pipelines are rendered.
>
> I see that DOT output handles the typical case and is better than
> nothing.  However, I'd much rather have XML (and convert to DOT, if I
> need to).  I can understand why XML parsing was removed, but why get rid
> of XML output?

XML dumping could be added back, but then we should simply printf the xml to
avoid a xml dependency.

If you feel adventurous try
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ensonic/gst-tracelib/

terminal 1:
gsttlui --log-port=8765

terminal 2:
GSTTL_LOG_SERVER=127.0.0.1:8765 gsttl <your-gst-app>

if gsttlui crashes its most likelöy the graphviz issue I am trying to figure
right now :/

Stefan