[gst-devel] Problems with Wx::MediaCtrl GStreamer wrapper on Kubuntu

Steve it at sca-uk.com
Sat Oct 23 02:25:52 CEST 2010

Hi Guys,

I'm having a couple of problems with the Wx::MediaCtrl wrapper of GStreamer
under Kubuntu and Perl.

1) Wx::MediaCtrl crashes at end of file (Kubuntu 9.10 only as it doesn't
occur on Windows - maybe GST is not there anyway - and my colleague didn't
see it on his Debian setup).  I've rebuilt on 2 different Kubuntu machines
with the same result.  I've not tried Lucid.

2) Wx::MediaCtrl wrapper doesn't play a live feed either from a live file
feed, where at the end of the file as it was on open we get the crash above,
or from a webcam URI.

Both problems can be seen in the Wx::Demo package
(http://search.cpan.org/dist/Wx-Demo/) for MediaCtrl for any video (I've
been using .AVI files).

My setup is as follows:

*	gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg