[gst-devel] does qtdemux generates sps/pps info?

Feng Ye fye at broadcom.com
Sat Oct 23 07:30:55 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am developing a H264 video decoder plugin, and the source file is a quicktime mov file. A while ago I asked on the mailing list about which parser plugin to choose, the answer I got is that h264parse is not actively maintained and I should go with a real demuxer... So I used qtdemux.
The problem with qtdemux is that it does not generate SPS/PPS info. Since my decoder didn't get the  SPS/PPS it can't decode. I wonder if skipping the SPS/PPS is normal in the demuxer?
Separately, I have used other tool (windows based) to extract the video data from the same mov file and that tool generates PPS/SPS with NAL start codes.

Thanks,
Feng