[gst-devel] Streaming Mp4 file

Andres Gonzalez acandido at hi-iberia.es
Mon Oct 25 10:56:03 CEST 2010

On 25/10/10 08:26, Gurpreet wrote:
> Hi all..

Hi Gurpreet,

> I want to streame mp4/Mov file generated using ffmux_mp4/ffmux_mov.
> How it will be streamed ? What i have to do for that ?

I'm afraid your questions are too general to answer. You should give a
little more context, then ask about specific problems you have.

> Is it Possible to stream mp4/mov file ?
The short answer is: you can stream mp4 if you have the complete file
before streaming, and the moov atom is at the begining. Otherwise, it's
far from easy, and depends on the situation.

That topic has been discussed already.
e.g:

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/MP4-Endless-stream-impossible-td2340764.html#a2340764
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Reading-truncated-MP4-td2321075.html#a2321075

You can search the mailing list archives for more information, and then
ask any further questions you may have.

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/

> Thanks
> Gurpreet