[gst-devel] some issues when trying to save content to disk during http progressive downloaded

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Sep 8 04:01:54 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 6:45 PM, Zhao, Halley <halley.zhao at intel.com> wrote:
> During playback of progressive content, I tried to save the content to disk
> as well.
>
> But the result is strange:
>
> Some contents are saved correctly, some contents are saved but can’t
> playback again; some contents even can’t playback during progressive
> downloaded.

What you describe sounds like what's expected.

True streaming formats (like ogg) work fine.

Formats that may have the headers at the start OR the end vary - some
have the headers at the end, so they're not playable until you've
downloaded the entire file. Some have them at the start, so
progressive download/playback works.

This doesn't have anything to do specifically with GStreamer, it's
simply how the formats work.

Mike