[gst-devel] Change Framerate of recorded stream

Sandeep Prakash 123sandy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 05:37:05 CEST 2010

Hi Wes,

Wes Miller wrote:

> I do still have one problem.  How do I change the playback rate?  I tried
> adding rate=0.02 and a rate=75, neither changed the playback rate.

The "rate" property of gnlfilesource is READONLY. I am assuming you are
talking about the gnlfilesource element. You should be getting a
"GLib-GObject-WARNING" for this.

To actually change the rate you have to fiddle with the "duration" and
"media-duration" properties. So for a faster playback media-duration should
be greater than the duration and vice-versa for slow playback.

Also you have to use identity element to adjust the timestamps. E.G.:
Below pipeline is for faster playback:
gst-launch gnlfilesource duration=10000000000000
media-duration=100000000000000 location=file:///home/user/test.mp4 !
identity single-segment=true ! ffmpegcolorspace ! queue ! autovideosink

Regards,
Sandeep Prakash
http://sandeepprakash.homeip.net