[gst-devel] Pipeline with multiple filesources is stalled.

thiagossantos at gmail.com thiagossantos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 22:22:39 CEST 2010

2010/9/28 sledge hammer <sledgehammer_999 at hotmail.com>

>  I was building an example program that did the bare minimum to test the
> situation and to post it here if it showed the same behavior as my other
> code.
> My other code is part of a much larger project(a media player) which is yet
> to be released and it would be confusing for someone else to go through it
> in a few moments.
> Well, I was creating a **really** basic avi player to demonstrate my
> problem but for some reason I keep getting "Error: Internal data stream
> error.". I think I do everything right but I can't find the problem. Please
> take a look yourself. The code is here-> http://pastebin.com/YZs5garS
>
> After your answer, I thought that probably me and my code is at fault. I
> probably do something wrong somewhere. I thought that I forgot some element
> in the pipeline but no. I dumped the list of the elements in the pipeline
> and it looks right. Do you have any suggestions/directions for debugging?
> What should I look for? What could cause a stall like this?

When receiving the error on the bus callback, print the debug part of the
error too, it is likely that it will help.

Also try running the application with GST_DEBUG=2 (at a minimum), to have a
little more information about the problem. If that doesn't solve, a full log
(GST_DEBUG=5) will lead you to the cause. Search for the error and go up on
the log until you find the reason for it to happen.

> Notes:
> 1. Build it as c++ source(I use std::strings)
> 2. Update the 'avipath' global var to point to an AVI file with Xvid/Divx
> video and mp3 audio.
> 3. I didn't implement the loading of external subs yet, since I can't get
> it to load an avi file.
> 4. I didn't give much emphasis on memory management intentionally. To make
> it simpler.
>

> ------------------------------
> From: thiagossantos at gmail.com
> Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 11:17:33 -0300
> To: gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: Re: [gst-devel] Pipeline with multiple filesources is stalled.
>

> 2010/9/26 sledge hammer <sledgehammer_999 at hotmail.com>
>
>  Do I need to do something special to "play" a pipeline with multiple
> filesrc's elements? I have a filesrc that loads an AVI file and another one
> that loads an SRT file (external subtitle). Let's say I decode the AVI file,
> plug a textoverlay before the videosink and then decode and plug the SRT
> file into the textoverlay. Should this be enough for the pipeline to start
> playing or do I need something that syncs the 2(or more) sources?
>

> Seems like it should work. What's your exact pipeline? Can you post a
> launch line of it?
>

> Note: I insert the appropriate 'queue' elements after the 'avidemux'
> element and after the 'subparse' element.

> --
> Thiago Sousa Santos

Thiago Sousa Santos