GST_PLUGIN_PATH vs registry.add_path

Oleksandr Lavrushchenko kpykcb at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:23:01 PDT 2011

Hi all,

i want to load custom plugins (*.so) placed in $PWD, from python application.
I'm aware that i can export GST_PLUGIN_PATH variable, from shell and
then start app, but i prefer to configure this internally
in app. Google search giving me this exaple in C:

GstRegistry *registry;
registry = gst_registry_get_default();
gst_registry_add_path(registry, directory);

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2120444/gstreamer-plugin-search-path/2213274#2213274

But my try to reassemble it in python unfortunately fail:

import gst
reg=gst.registry_get_default()
reg.add_path(path,"./");

Seems, like last call rewrite path completly instead of adding to system path.

Will be glad to hear an advice on how to do it right way. Thanks.