Simulating a IP camera (MJPEG)

Wed Apr 6 10:04:36 PDT 2011

Il giorno mer, 06/04/2011 alle 11.46 -0500, Noe Nieto
[http://percepcionunitaria.org]] ha scritto:

>         You can use multifdsink to stream over http: simply add the
>         file
>         descriptor of the connected client to multifdsink, I developed
>         an
>         application similar to what you need using multifdsink and it
>         works
>         fine.
>

> Can multi-fdsink ecapsulate the MJPEG stream into a multi-part HTTP
> stream?

you can use multipartmux for muxing jpeg as multipart stream and then
multifdsink to write this stream on the file descriptor of the http
client (after the initial simple http handshake). There isn't a pipeline
to demostrate this you have to write a gstreamer application. I have a
working app that do this (and much more) in c++ you can also take a look
at flumotion for insipiration it use multifdsink to stream ogg/theora
over http,

Nicola