videolength == -1 :(

jeetu.golani at gmail.com jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 22:46:30 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

First, let me apologize if this isn't the right place for this since
this is more like a gstreamer user issue than a devel one and also
could be a gst python binding question than for here ;)

I need to retrieve the videolength of a mythtv recorded nuv file with
mpeg4 video and mp3 audio. I'm using the discoverer module in python
to retrieve media info. I'm able to get other values correctly such as
the media_type (shows video/x-nuv), width,height,etc however for
videolength I get a -1. Am not sure what this means. Admittedly I'm
not very good with gstreamer :)

Could appreciate if someone points me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Jeetu

ebrain.in | Beehive Computing
Discover and run software from any device near you.