search for a suitable pipeline (Server/client)

Matias Hernandez Arellano msdark at archlinux.cl
Thu Apr 28 13:49:21 PDT 2011

(sorry for my english)
I'm trying to look up for a suitable pipeline to do my stream.

I need to stream with a low resolution and in the client grow up the image, i mean. In the server side the image sink with a size of 160x120 and in the client side show in 320x240 ...

My app use appsrc to push frames, the frames are rgb, 320x240 ...i encode this  using Theora and OGGmux ... and i can't do what i want.

I have this pipeline (i don't know if this is totaly right, but works)
 appsrc name=\"mysrc\" ! video/x-raw-rgb,width=320,height=240 ! queue "
        "! videoparse format=14 width=320 height=240  ! videorate ! video/x-raw-rgb,framerate=15/1 ! "
        "videoscale method=0 qos=false ! video/x-raw-rgb,width=160,height=120  ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! queue ! theoraenc ! oggmux ! queue ! "
        " tcpserversink port=5000 sync=false

And in the client side i have this

 tcpclientsrc host=10.0.0.73 port=5000 ! queue ! "
                         "oggdemux ! theoradec ! queue ! "
                         " ffmpegcolorspace ! osxvideosink sync=false"

But i want to minimize the lag so i think in create a lower resolution image from the server..

Any idea???

Thanks in advance!! (a lot, a lot)

Matías Hernandez Arellano
Ingeniero de Software/Proyectos en VisionLabs S.A
CDA Archlinux-CL
www.msdark.archlinux.cl