Encode into H264 on Windows (Has anyone been able to do this?)

William Metcalf wmetcalf at niftytv.com
Mon Aug 1 08:53:59 PDT 2011

Could you please send me a link to git?  I have never used it before.
Will it require MinGW and such to compile it?

As far as the rtsp-server, I have currently stopped working on
converting it.  I recently discovered that SDP files can be used in
place of an rtsp server (when sending packets to streaming servers, such
as WOWZA), and my manager decided it would be better for me to pursue
SDP files before attempting to convert the rtsp-server.  So far SDP
files have proven to work very well.  I have been able to successfully
stream audio from gstreamer to wowza (using the rtp payloaders) and then
connect a gstreamer client to wowza (using rtspsrc and the sdp file).  I
am pretty sure video will be easy to do as well, but I have to be able
to encode the video into h264 in order to stream it to wowza and has
proven difficult thus far.  But hopefully getting the git version to
compile will help solve this problem.

William