PySide and PyGST on Microsoft Windows

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Tue Aug 2 07:04:54 PDT 2011

I had some difficulty getting PySide (Qt bindings) and PyGST working
together on Microsoft Windows, so I thought I'd share my working example.
I've attached the code, as well as made a github:gist (
https://gist.github.com/1120231). Most of this is based on examples and
tutorials I found, but I just brought it all together. For example, it took
me a bit to realize that with PySide, QWidget.winId() returns a PyCObject,
unlike PyQt which returns a void pointer, requiring the use of
pythonapi.PyCObject_AsVoidPtr.

If you see any problems with this code, please let me know and I'll update
the gist.

Thanks,
-Josh