Problem When Switching to the OSSBuild 10.0.7 Beta Version.

William Metcalf wmetcalf at niftytv.com
Tue Aug 2 13:20:44 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I recently upgraded to the OSSBuild version 10.0.7 because I needed to
be able to use x264enc on Windows.  I have an application I wrote that
worked perfectly in 10.0.6, but it is no longer working now.  It reads
data from a capture card, encodes it, and writes it to a file.  The
pipeline is essentially as follows:

----- appsrc max-bytes=0 is-live=true !
"video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)UYVY,width=(int)720,height=(int)486,framerate=(fraction)30/1"
! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_mpeg4 ! mpeg4videoparse ! queue ! qtmux !
filesink location="Video.mp4"

When I run this application it runs with no errors, but the video file
produced is very very small and will not play.  I have also tried with
mp4mux and it seems like just the header is getting written to the
file.  I tried running a pipeline (appsrc ! videoparse ! autovideosink)
and the video plays fine, so I know that the video data is getting
pushed through the pipeline correctly.  I am not sure why the video is
not getting written to the file, especially since it worked perfectly
with the older version of gstreamer.  Is this a known bug with OSSBuild
10.0.7 or is there something that I am missing to make this work
correctly.  (Also, I am able to stream the video over a network using
rtp payloader and udpsink, so I am very confused as to why I can't write
it to a file.)

Thank you all for your help,
William