Segfault while loading custom plugin.

abhi d zap855 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 04:19:56 PDT 2011

I have written a simple sink plugin by changing the gst-template plugin to
derive from GstBaseSink. Also I have commented all operations related to the
source pad of the gst-template plugin. However when I execute gst-inspect on
this plugin I get a segmentation fault with the below error.

ERROR: Caught a segmentation fault while loading plugin file:
/home/zap/gstreamer/gst-template/gst-splicesink/output/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstsplicesink.so

Please either:
- remove it and restart.
- run with --gst-disable-segtrap and debug.

ERROR: Caught a segmentation fault while loading plugin file:
/home/zap/gstreamer/gst-template/gst-splicesink/output/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstsplicesink.so

Please either:
- remove it and restart.
- run with --gst-disable-segtrap and debug.
No such element or plugin 'splicesink'

I wanted to debug this using gdb but the option --gst-disable-segtrap does
not stop gstreamer from catching the segfault.
I am new to using gstreamer, Can someone please tell me if there is some way
I can stop gstreamer from catching the signal ?
I am using gstreamer version 0.10.30

Thanks
zap