MXF plugin and MXFLib

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Tue Aug 9 08:01:01 PDT 2011

I'm interested in making some improvements to the MXF plugin in
gst-plugins-bad, and so have begun looking through the code and doing some
research. What was the rationale for implementing everything from scratch
rather than using the open source MXFLib [0]? I haven't spent any time
looking at the code of MXFLib, so I don't know how suitable it is, but it
seems to be a standard-ish library. Of course the MXF plugin code (mostly
written by Sebastian Dröge) seems to be well written and certainly works.

-Josh

[0]: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mxflib/