vp8 video over rtp

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd.simons at collabora.co.uk
Mon Aug 8 14:43:28 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 10:26 +0530, Prasanth wrote:

> Sending end
>
> gst-launch -v gstrtpbin name=rtpbin videotestsrc !
> video/x-raw-rgb,framerate=30/1 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! vp8enc speed=2 !
> rtpvp8pay ! rtpbin.send_rtp_sink_0 rtpbin.send_rtp_src_0 ! udpsink
> port=5002 host=localhost rtpbin.send_rtcp_src_0 ! udpsink port=5003
> host=localhost sync=false async=false udpsrc port=5007 !
> rtpbin.recv_rtcp_sink_0
>
> My doubt is :

> Is this streaming over RTP is based on the RFC ? . If so based on what
> RFC(payload format) it is streaming . I have checked the streamed rtp
> data , it completely mismatches with respect to the format given in
> VP8 DRAFT -02 . Can any one help me .

The payloading is based on the VP8 payloading draft version 0.3.2 (hence
the media-name: VP8-DRAFT-0-3-2), which existed before it was submitted
to the IETF and which eventually became the first VP8 RFC Draft. I
haven't had a chance yet to study the changes done in RFC DRAFT -02, but
i'm hoping i'll get round to that reasonably soon.

--
Sjoerd Simons <sjoerd at luon.net>