How to make a C Application Output Verbose (equivalent of gst-launch -v)

William Metcalf wmetcalf at niftytv.com
Tue Aug 16 12:00:13 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I have been running a pipeline from command line with the -v option in
order to print out caps information, and so that an identity element
will print out timestamps.  I am now trying to accomplish the same thing
in a C application, but I cannot figure out how.  I am having trouble
with audio and video being out of sink, and to fix the problem to need
to be able to view the timestamps from my C Gstreamer Application.
Could someone please tell me what the equivalent of the -v option would
be inside of my application?

Thank you,
William