Adding gst-openmax component

Siber marchenkovadim at mail.ru
Wed Aug 17 09:42:09 PDT 2011

Hello everybody!

I'm trying to add ffmpegcolorspace from libomxil_bellagio_0.9.1 to gstreamer
component list. I've taken as basis omx_jpegenc component, made some changes
in gstomx.c, gstomx.conf.in, gstomx_jpegenc.c and gstomx_jpegenc.h. Also I
renamed gstomx_jpegenc.c and gstomx_jpegenc.h to gstomx_ffmpegcsc.c and
gstomx_ffmpegcsc.h correspondingly and made some changes (renaming mostly)
in these two files. So, now it's compiled and I can find omx_ffmpegcsc
instead of omx_jpegenc, but when I'm trying to run next pipeline:
/gst-launch filesrc location=$HOME/GST_OpenMAX/vtest.avi ! avidemux
> ! omx_mpeg4dec ! omx_ffmpegcsc ! xvimagesink/

I'm getting error-message: /from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstXvImageSink:xvimagesink0: Failed to
> create output image buffer of 352x288 pixels/

Source video has resolution: 720x380.

So, can anybody help me with this mistake? And general question: what are
rules for writing gst-openmax wrappers for existing openmax components,
especially transform filters with raw video on both pads, is there any
"developer guide"?

Thank you!