AVI-muxer bug?

Nicholas Butts nbutts at appareo.com
Thu Aug 18 09:37:37 PDT 2011

Thanks for pointing that out. I now have it working with either AVI or MOV
files, but my problem is the AVI or MOV files don't seem to be valid or
don't want to play back unless I call

gst_app_src_end_of_stream (GST_APP_SRC (source));

at the "end" of my data. The problem is the data will be continously written
until power is lost (this is an embedded device). I've tried setting the
faststart properity of the QTMux filter:
    g_object_set(G_OBJECT (muxer), "faststart", TRUE, NULL);

But that doesn't work either. Is there anyway to get the system to write
valid AVI or MOV files in a streaming fashion?

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Tim-Philipp Müller <t.i.m at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 09:38 -0500, Nicholas Butts wrote:
>
> > I've setup a pipeline as follows:
> > appsrc->avimuxer->filesink
> >
> > I then set the caps of the appsrc with the following code:
> >     GstCaps * caps = gst_caps_new_simple("video/mpeg", "width",
> > G_TYPE_INT, 1280, "height", G_TYPE_INT, 720, "framerate",
> > GST_TYPE_FRACTION, 1, 24, "mpegversion", G_TYPE_INT, 4,
> > "systemstream", G_TYPE_BOOLEAN, FALSE);
> >     gst_app_src_set_caps(GST_APP_SRC(source), caps);
> >
> > Here is the resulting debug message:
> > 0:00:00.357576853  1728  0x8b2f008 DEBUG                 appsrc
> > gstappsrc.c:1086:gst_app_src_set
> > _caps:<app-source> setting caps to video/mpeg, width=(int)1280,
> > height=(int)720, framerate=(fraction)1/24, mpegve
> > rsion=(int)4, systemstream=(boolean)false
> >
> > But when I link the appsrc to the avimux I see the following message:
> > ment_get_compatible_pad:<muxer> Could not find a compatible unlinked
> > always pad to link to app-source:src, now ch
>
> > gst_pad_get_caps_unlocked:<app-source:src> pad getcaps returned ANY
>
> That looks like it might be the problem..
>
> > So it looks like the avimux audio sink is being used to connect to my
> > video source. Is there a way to work around this bug?
>
> You could create the request pad(s) you need yourself using
> gst_element_request_pad().
>
> Cheers
>  -Tim

Nicholas Butts
SENIOR FIRMWARE ENGINEER

Appareo Systems, LLC
1810 NDSU Research Circle N
Fargo, ND 58102

P: (701) 356-2200
F: (701) 356-3157

http://www.appareo.com

nbutts at appareo.com

NOTICE: This message {including attachments} is covered by the Electronic
Communication Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. sections 2510-2521, is CONFIDENTIAL and
may also be protected by ATTORNEY-CLIENT OR OTHER PRIVILEGE. If you believe
that it has been sent to you in error, do not read it. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention,
prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in
error and then delete it.