appsrc->avimux->appsink - very slow

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Aug 25 15:45:33 PDT 2011

You haven't really provided any information about what is being slow.
12.7 ms for an... indeteminate amount of work may or may not be
reasonable. Using AVI is a terrible idea (it's a poorly designed
format and has been entirely obsolete for quite a few years now), but
is unlikely to be the cause of whatever problems you're having.

You cannot disable use of threads in gstreamer; it's very much core to
the entire design.

Mike