How to locate the xoverlay of gstreamer to an area in some browser.

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Wed Dec 14 01:04:51 PST 2011

On 12/13/2011 02:22 AM, forestzhu wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>  I think I have got the browser 's xid in my program,but forget to list out
> the code.It's my fault!
> In Npapi protocol ,the Np_setwindow function will be called after the
> instance is created.
> player->xid is about 92274689,before call the
> "gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id".
>
> BTW:what opengl sink should be used in this case?
> Does every env support this sink?

This is not easy to answer in a short mail. The nice aspect of
ximagesink and xvimagsink is, that gstreamer can render on-behalf of the
application from a separate thread. Afaik for gl the normally only works
if the glsink owns the cl context (like glimagesink). If you have a gl
app and the video should be part of it, its more complicated. The
application will need to do the rendering and you need to push the
decoded buffers or textures over to the application. Thats as much as I
can tell about it, maybe someone else with more knowledge here can take
over.

Stefan