asfdemuxer :- rewind operation

prita vasudevan.preetha at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 00:10:19 PST 2011

Hi,

This is regarding backward playback support for asf files.

In asfdemuxer.c file, gst_asf_demux_handle_seek_event() function there is a
check for rate and if the rate is less than 0.0, the function returns. I
have commented this check and verified backward play by passing a rate -1. I
could see that the rewind works after pausing for a few seconds. I have
verified this on a local file and not in live stream.

Could you please let me know why rewind was blocked by that check. Was there
any issues found while enabling rewind?

Thanks,
Prita