no-more-pads problem

Branko Kokanovic branko.kokanovic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 00:56:23 PST 2011

Hi all,
We have a problem with demuxer element (flutsdemux, but with others too).
We are receiving transport stream over network and we are playing it with
playbin2 element only. First couple of ES are video and only ofter 0.5s
comes audio. At that point, Gstreamer says something like:

INFO        GST_ELEMENT_PADS
gstelement.c:727:gst_element_add_pad:<flutsdemux0> adding pad 'audio_00c0'
WARN              decodebin2
gstdecodebin2.c:2067:gst_decode_chain_get_current_group:<decodebin20>
Currently active group 0x8d85540 is exposed and wants to add a new pad
without having signaled no-more-pads
WARN              decodebin2
gstdecodebin2.c:1299:analyze_new_pad:<decodebin20> No current group

Audio can't be heard at all. Similar situation occurs if first packet is
audio (then audio is heard, but there is no video). Is there anything that
can be done to overcome this "problem" (if it is a problem and whose
element's problem is this at all)? Explanation of this behavior is also
good to be heard, if someone have time to explain (google search didn't
help much).

Also, since we use "playbin2" element in C code, I guess we can put proper
callbacks and retrieve reference to flutsdemux element. Is there any code
we can put somewhere there to somehow "force" demuxer to wait for both
audio and video?

If it helps, the same transport stream is playing nicely when not streamed
through network, but with local playback.

Thanks in advance, Branko