Error compiling QtGstreamer for Windows XP with VS2008

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:30:35 PST 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Karl Phillip <maxphil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, QtGstreamer is not referencing libxml directly.
>
> The error happens because QtGstreamer is using gstreamer, which in turn is
> using libxml. So QtGstreamer finds gstreamer but not libxml headers.
>
> I can't modify gstconfig.h since it belongs to gstreamer. There must be a
> way to tell QtGstreamer where to look for libxml. It's a shame that it is
> ignoring my request in CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH.

No, you have to remove it from gstconfig.h. It's a bug in the
gstconfig.h shipped with ossbuild. The QtGStreamer build system was
based on the assumption that it is built on top of GStreamer >=
0.10.31 which  has an updated gstconfig.h that doesn't require libxml.

Fyi, CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH is not added to the compiler command line. It
is used as a hint for find_file() cmake calls. If you really really
want to fix this in QtGStreamer instead of just updating your
gstconfig.h, you need to add a FindLibXml2.cmake file, use
find_package(LibXml2) in the top level CMakeLists.txt and add the
found include path in the compiler include path with the
include_directories() call.

Regards,
George