Including QGst/Utils/ApplicationSink causes "fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'global.h': No such file or directory"

Karl Phillip maxphil at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 09:16:51 PST 2011

I have successfully compiled QtGstreamer on Windows using VS2008, and
examples/player works fine after the patch suggested by George in
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2011-December/034351.html

Now I'm having problems writting a minimal application that has "#include
<QGst/Utils/ApplicationSink>" because it causes the compilation to fail
with the following error:

c:\qt-gstreamer\install\include\qtgstreamer\qgst\utils\applicationsink.h(21)
: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'global.h': No such file or
directory

Looking at applicationsink.h reveals that it is including global.h as a
local file:

    #ifndef QGST_UTILS_APPLICATIONSINK_H
    #define QGST_UTILS_APPLICATIONSINK_H

    #include "global.h"             // <------ error
    #include "../element.h"
    #include "../bufferlist.h"

The problem seems to be that there's NO global.h at the same directory as
applicationsink.h.

Nevertheless, there's a global.h at the directory above, so if I updated
this file accordingly:

    #ifndef QGST_UTILS_APPLICATIONSINK_H
    #define QGST_UTILS_APPLICATIONSINK_H

    #include "../global.h"             // <------ another error
    #include "../element.h"
    #include "../bufferlist.h"

Visual Studio throws another error:

1>------ Build started: Project: qt-gstreamer_test, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>main.cpp
1>c:\qt-gstreamer\install\include\qtgstreamer\qgst\utils\applicationsink.h(67)
: error C2470: 'ApplicationSink' : looks like a function definition, but
there is no parameter list; skipping apparent body
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and
Settings\karl.phillip\Meus documentos\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\qt-gstreamer_test\qt-gstreamer_test\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>qt-gstreamer_test - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

The same problems happens with applicationsource.h.

Any tips?

Thanks guys,
--
Karl Phillip