problem in playing mp3 file using custom mp3 plugin in rhythmbox

chandu chandrakala.madhira at incubesol.com
Tue Dec 20 01:10:24 PST 2011

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the reply. After implementing the suggestions given by you, i
found that my plugin is not installed. i used "make install" command to
install my plugin.
*below is my code which sets the priority level, caps set on sink pad.*

static gboolean mp3decoder_init (GstPlugin * mp3decoder)
{
   GST_DEBUG_CATEGORY_INIT (gst_mp3decoder_debug, "MP3",
      0, "To Decode The MP3 Stream");

  return gst_element_register (mp3decoder, "MP3decoder", GST_RANK_PRIMARY,
      GST_TYPE_MP3DECODER);
}

*sink pad caps:*

#define GST_MP3DECODER_SINK_CAPS			\
    "audio/mpeg, "					\
    "mpegversion = (int)1, "					\
    "layer = (int)3 "					\
    ";"
static GstStaticPadTemplate sink_factory = GST_STATIC_PAD_TEMPLATE ("sink",
    GST_PAD_SINK,
    GST_PAD_ALWAYS,
    GST_STATIC_CAPS (GST_MP3DECODER_SINK_CAPS)
    );

*Following is the error message i got*

 gst-launch-0.10 --verbose filesrc location=airtel_44k_128kb_js.mp3 !
decodebin ! audioconvert ! alsasink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind.GstPad:src:
caps = audio/mpeg, mpegversion=(int)1, layer=(int)3
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0: A MPEG-1
Layer 3 (MP3) decoder plugin is required to play this stream, but not
installed.
Additional debug info:
gstdecodebin.c(986): close_pad_link ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0:
No decoder to handle media type 'audio/mpeg'
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind.GstPad:src:
caps = NULL
Freeing pipeline ...

am i missing any thing here. Is there any way to install my mp3 plugin.

Regards,
Chandrakala