problem in playing mp3 file using custom mp3 plugin in rhythmbox

chandu chandrakala.madhira at incubesol.com
Wed Dec 21 04:28:32 PST 2011

Hi,

decodebin2 is able to recognize my mp3 plugin. i forgot to change the
element details given by example plugin.

Now my problem is, my mp3 decoder's source pad is not linked to alsasink.
when i checked soucepad->peer it showing NULL. because of this pad_push
function failed. without using decodebin2, if i just use filesrc
location=1.mp3 ! mp3decoder ! alsasink     iam able to successfully play the
song.

does any one know the reason behind this.

Regards,
Chandrakala