segmentation fault after allocating memory

chandu chandrakala.madhira at incubesol.com
Thu Dec 29 21:22:38 PST 2011

Hi All,

Iam trying to play .mp3 streams using rhythmbox and my mp3 plugin. in the
rhythmbox, when i move to the second song, without completing the first
song, iam getting segmentation fault. following is the log

/****** state changes and memory free for first song */

STATE CHANGE : from Ready to paused
The main buffer address is : 0x2081010
STATE CHANGE : from paused to ready
The main_buffer address is : 0x2081010
MP3Dec_delete is called......
STATE CHANGE : from ready to null

/****** state changes and memory free for second song */

MP3DEC : gst_mp3decoder_init.........
STATE CHANGE : from null to ready
STATE CHANGE : from Ready to paused
The main buffer address is : 0x7f1c64099000
MP3DEC : gst_mp3decoder_chain........
The MP3DEC_INIT_DECODER....
once init is true......
MP3DEC : gst_mp3decoder_chain........
MP3DEC : gst_mp3decoder_chain........
MP3DEC : gst_mp3decoder_chain........
Segmentation fault

iam allocating one buffer and freeing that buffer. when memory allocation
gives 32bit address, player is working fine. Whenever memory allocation
gives 48bit address, segmentation fault occurs.

Can anyone give me hint on why iam getting 48bit address.