playbin 2 visualisation problem

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Dec 30 09:38:18 PST 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-30 at 18:16 +0100, laguillaumie sylvain wrote:

Hi,

> self.player.set_property('flags', "Render visualisation when no video
> is present")
> self.vis = self.change_visualisation()
> self.visual = gst.element_factory_make(self.vis,'visual')
> self.player.set_property('vis-plugin', self.visual)
>
> i have the vis working but no sound ...

These flags are an integer value. You need to get the current flags from
the property, then set the flag value for the visualisation, then set
the new value via set_property().

According to gst-inspect-0.10 playbin2 that value is 8.

  (0x00000008): vis - Render visualisation when no video is present

So try something like:

VIS_FLAG = 0x00000008
flags = self.player.set_property('flags')
self.player.set_property('flags', flags | VIS_FLAG)

> if i use the set-property with flags="soft-volume+text+audio+video
> +vis" directly, i have a
> "TypeError: could not convert argument to correct param type"

That only works in gst-launch, which does some string -> flag value
conversion magic (though I would have expected pygobject to do that too
- guess not).

 Cheers
  -Tim