[gst-devel] RTMP streaming in web page

julien.lengrand-lambert at advansee.com julien.lengrand-lambert at advansee.com
Wed Feb 2 15:47:57 CET 2011

> Hi everyone,
>

> This is my first post as a gstreamer user, so feel free to correct me :)
>
> I am currently trying to develop a web interface for an ARM platform, in which is embedded an optical captor.
>
> I am able to stream video for the host to a desktop computer without any problem. Here is an example that works :
> gst-launch udpsrc port=1234 ! gdpdepay ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! sdlvideosink sync=false on the PC side, and then
> gst-launch v4l2src ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,format='(fourcc)'YV12 ! mfw_mpeg4encoder ! gdppay ! udpsink host=192.168.0.10 port=1234 on the platform.

gdppay doesn't really work over UDP, but anyway..

> The idea is now to use RTMP so that the stream can be outputed in a web page using the vlc plugin.
> For that, the command line on the camera is :
> gst-launch -v v4l2src ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,format='(fourcc)'YV12 ! mfw_mpeg4encoder ! rtpmp4vpay send-config=true ! udpsink host=192.168.0.10 port=1234

Try the config-interval=2 property on rtpmp4vpay, it sends the config
string every 2 seconds.

wim

> (where mfw_mpeg4encoder is an embedded hardware encoder)
>
> I use a configuration file stream.sdp :
> v=0
> m=video 1234 RTP/AVP 96
> c=IN IP4 192.168.0.10
> a=rtpmap:96 MP4V-ES/90000
> a=fmtp:96 profile-level-id=245,config=000001b0f5000001b5090000010000000120008440
> a=cliprect:0,0,480,640
> a=framesize:96 640-480
>
> And I feed Vlc with this file to get the streaming.
>
> It works fine, as long as I set Vlc first, and then launch the gstreamer command line.
> If the streaming is already started, Vlc detects the stream but is unable to display any data.
>
> Same case if the stream is outputed, then stopped and started again.
>

> Which means that each time, I need to set Vlc up first, and then start the streaming. And to do it again, I have to fully close vlc and start over completely.
>
> The same phenomenon appears when using gstreamer itself instead of vlc to catch the stream :
> gst-launch playbin uri=file:///home/jlengrand/Desktop/Dropbox/Taf/stream.sdp
>

> could someone please help me on this?
> I would really like to be able to stop and start more than one streaming whitout closing my client. And most of all, I would appreciate is the client could receive a streaming that has already started !
>

> Any suggestions are welcome ! !
>
> Thanks and Greetings
>
> Julien
>

> --
> --
> Julien Lengrand-Lambert
> tel: +33 (0)240 50 21 73
>
> ADVANSEE
> 9 rue Alfred Kastler
> CS30750, 44307 Nantes Cedex 3
> http://www.advansee.com

So, here are some news.
I had an older version of gstreamer and gst-plugins. I cross-compiled the newer versions, so that the config-interval option can be available.

The command line is then :
$ gst-launch -v v4l2src ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,format='(fourcc)'YV12 ! mfw_mpeg4encoder ! rtpmp4vpay send-config=true config-interval=2 ! udpsink host=192.168.0.10 port=1234

But it does absolutely not change my problem, neither in vlc nor in gstreamer . . .

Does someone know where I should search to solve this issue?

I did not succeed streaming video flux in the firefox vlc plugin with something else than this sdp file :s

Thanks by advance for your support.