[gst-devel] Error in my pipe?

StyveA styve.attia at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 19:29:35 CET 2011

Wim Taymans wrote:

> On 02/03/2011 05:57 PM, StyveA wrote:
>> I really don't understand where is my error...
> Check out the part in the manual about dynamic pads. You need to connect
> the pad-added signal from decodebin.
>
> Wim

If I understand, this is what I do here :

static void
on_new_pad (GstElement *element,
                 GstPad     *pad,
          gpointer    data)
{

  gchar *name;
  name = gst_pad_get_name (pad);
  GstPad *sinkpad;
  g_print ("Dynamic pad created, linking parser/decoder '%s'\n", name);
  sinkpad = gst_element_get_pad (video, "sink");
  gst_pad_link (pad, sinkpad);
  gst_object_unref (sinkpad);

}

and in the main code :

g_signal_connect (dec, "pad-added", G_CALLBACK (on_new_pad), sink);

It connects the pad added from the decodebin to the sink no?