Transmuxing using gst encodebin

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 14:02:35 CET 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 20:40 +0530, Jayanth K.P wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have a requirement to transmux an FLV stream (h.264/mp3) to
> mpgets(h.264/mp3). I do not want to decode and mux.
>
> How can this be achieved by using encodebin ? Or combination of
> uridecodebin and encodebin .. Plz let me know.

  Add the proper h264 and mp3 caps to the uridecodebin caps property (or
use the various uridecodebin signals to stop decoding)
  Create a container encoding profile for mpegts to which you'll add two
stream profiles, one for h264 and one for mp3 and then set that on
encodebin.
  You'll then be able to link the non-decoded pads of uridecodebin to
the sinkpads of encodebin.

  -base/tests/examples/encoding/ might help you.

    Edward