Why does adding ! audiorate screw up audio?

Tom Gibson tom at tomgibsonconsulting.com
Mon Feb 14 21:29:47 CET 2011

I'm still a bit stuck on this problem.  Could someone help me figure
out where the problem is and if it's a bug in the audiorate or decode
elements?

I uploaded my test flv file which demonstrates the problem.  You can
download it from:
http://www.4shared.com/video/RekJLrXr/tone-clips.html

The following cmdline should play the audio fine:

gst-launch-0.10 uridecodebin name=d uri=file:///tmp/tone-clips.flv !
autoaudiosink

Modifying it slightly by adding an audiorate element causes the audio
to sound bad.  Here is the cmdline that produces a problem:

gst-launch-0.10 uridecodebin name=d uri=file:///tmp/tone-clips.flv !
audiorate ! autoaudiosink

Thanks,

Tom